Re: build nanoparticle

From: Nicholas Musolino (musolino_at_mit.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2010 - 13:25:57 CDT

Dear Sara:

I will assume that the double-quoting in your message means you've sent it two or three times to the mailing list.

Why don't you try asking your question in a more precise, detailed way, and you might get a helpful answer.

(a) Have you looked at the NAMD documentation? Do you understand what MD consists of?
(b) At what level would you like to simulate nanoparticles? At the atomistic level?
(c) What do your nanoparticles consist of? What potential would you like to use? If you don't know what "potential" means, you will need to look at some more background reading before starting simulations.

Addressing the above questions in your e-mail might get you a response from the mailing list.

Hope this is helpful!

Nicholas

Nicholas Musolino
Ph.D. candidate, Department of Chemical Engineering, MIT
musolino_at_mit.edu | 617-253-6675 | Room E19-528