Re: Namd using Charmm restart files

From: Courtney Taylor (courtney.b.taylor_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2010 - 10:09:34 CDT

Thanks for the reply. I understand what units are being used. I also
understand that NAMD velocity, except when written to pdb format, needs to
be multiplied by a timefactor, as described in this post:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l/4125.html

The issue I have is when I take a pdb velocity file from CHARMM and try to
use it as the NAMD velocity input, NAMD begins with a temperature of 0
Kelvin when it should begin closer to 300 K. Any thoughts on this?

Courtney Taylor
PhD Candidate
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Vanderbilt University
(225)-771-8554
(615)-343-3257

"Though the course may change sometimes the river always meets the
sea"--Zeppelin