Re: Restart MD from a certain point?

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2010 - 09:04:49 CDT

dear wendy,

2010/10/14 Wendy González <locuswendy_at_gmail.com>:
> Dear NAMD users:
>
> I have a MD simulation of 2040000 steps and I would like to restart it from
> step 700000 applying some constraints. How can I do it?

well, ideally by restarting from a restart. you did write out and saved
periodic restarts like it is common good practice, or didn't you?

> I tried to give as initial coordinate the step 700000 (see below) but it did
> not work. Should I add other parameter?

please explain _how_ it "did not work"?

it is impossible to give advice without knowing what
has happened and what you did exactly.

cheers,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/