Re: Colvars: Using "Alpha" Component

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2010 - 16:35:44 CDT

Ouch, that sounds like a bug... The alpha component is kind of special, in
the sense that unlike the others it looks up its atoms automatically, and I
believe that one of our recent changes could interfere with it.

Are you using a precompiled binary or did you compile NAMD on your own? If
so, as a quick fix I can tell you how to strip out those recent changes and
make alpha functional again.

Giacomo

---- ----
  Dr. Giacomo Fiorin
  ICMS - Institute for Computational Molecular Science - Temple University
  1900 N 12 th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
  giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu
---- ----