Re: Low temperature Molecular Dynamics

From: Mert Gür (gurmert_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2010 - 14:49:01 CDT

In the light of the information and reference provided by Elsa, and some
more research, I would like to rephrase my question.

I am investigating the change of the dynamics of my protein in solvent, with
respect to temperature.

In other words I am cooling my system and look at the changes in protein
dynamics.

I am now at 273.2K (N,V,T ensemble) but I would like to go to lower
temperatures.

If I perform annealing in NAMD , I will obtain supercooled water (TIP3P)
right?

Since the simulations I am performing are on nanosecond scale they are
actually very short.

In that light, how wrong would I be in investigating the dynamics of my
protein in the supercooled water?
Does TIP3P give meaningless result at these temperatures?

There are work performed in vacuum at lower temperatures than 0 celcius.
There are also many papers on TIP4P but I couldn't find any direct info
regarding my problem in TIP3P water.For example for TIP4P, Svishchev and
Kusalik have applied an external potential to transform the liquid into
solid state.

So I would really appreciate it if anyone can give me any suggestions or
tell me what might go wrong.

Best,

Mert