Re: question on hydrogen bond

From: ehenriques_at_qui.uc.pt
Date: Mon Sep 06 2010 - 05:06:57 CDT

Hi,

"Explicit hydrogen bonds" used to be a separated term in the potential
energy for the van der Waals of atoms involved in H-bonds: it was a
10-6 wdW-term instead of the traditional 12-6. It is not used in the
current generation of CHARMM, meaning that the vdW for the hydrogens
bonds are calculated with the same regular 12-6 term as any other vdW
interactions in your system.

Elsa

--
Elsa S. Henriques                     e-mail: ehenriques_at_qui.uc.pt
Investigadora Auxiliar