flashmob namd

From: Ramon Rocha (rochark_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2010 - 10:52:15 CDT

Dear all,

In 2004 some guys in USF carried out a very interesting experience known as flashmob I. They asked people to come with laptops and put 150 machines working (running namd) together getting 77 Gflops of power computing. It seems that the system they used is no longer supported.

I was wondering if someone knows a similar system to again run namd on around 30 dual core machines.

ps. I cant build a dedicated cluster, all the machines are used in a info lab at the university all the nights.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Ramon Rocha
PhD Student
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais