Re: Running NAMD on SGI Altix system

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 22 2010 - 16:08:22 CDT

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Ronald Salesky <rsalesky_at_unm.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have attempted running the NAMD v2.7b3 Linux-Itanium-Altix (SGI Altix)
> binaries on a SGI Altix ICE 8200 system model.

ICE means intel x86_64 processors, _not_ itanium.

> From the command line, "mpirun -np 8 ubq_ws_eq.conf" gives an error message
> "MPI: Could not access local arrayd"

where is the namd binary on the command line?

outside of that, the error message suggests that
you have a problem that needs to be handled by
the system administrators, or you are not following
the usage instructions correctly.

> Any suggestions on what to do? I am only permitted to run binaries or build
> source from my assigned home directory. Additional information on this
> supercomputer:

nothing in NAMD requires superuser access.

> SGI Altix ICE 8200, Xeon quad core 3.0 GHz
> SLES10 + SGI ProPack 5 operating system
> Infiniband DDR interconnect

there you go. xeon processor is not itanium.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/