Re: Constraint Failure in SMD simulation

From: felmerino_at_uchile.cl
Date: Tue Jul 13 2010 - 23:18:47 CDT

That RATTLE error is indeed very usual. It says that the program is no longer able to restraint the distance between hydrogen and the heavy atom. The error in the log file is showing you which atoms are having the problems so you may take a look and see if there is a problem with the system itself. However, if smaller forces do not produce the error then most likely you are pulling the system too fast. In that case, you maybe should reduce the pulling speed.

best

felipe

Dear felmerino
I tried to equilibrate my system by applying more run step before running SMD simulation, I minimized and equilibrated 3 ns totally but when I run SMD, error was as same as before, "constraint failure ...."

And after decreasing time step(Tricking with TS) , the simulation started to run at a TS that was similar to my earlier simulations. but It failed too.I also decreased applied force but same TS allows simulation to run.

I would like to know that this error may related to my protein and system. Is there anything that cause this error or still time step for equilibration is not enough, Any hint and guide is highly appreciated,

Best regardsRamin OmidvarPhD student of Biomedical Engineering Dept.AmirKabir University of Tech.https://sites.google.com/site/romidvar