Re: Appropriate dcdfreq

From: poker_at_physics.usyd.edu.au
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 01:22:07 CDT

Hey Philip,
 A good value will depend on the self-correlation properties of your system - if
you are plotting the trajectory of a protein, then 1000 per ns is pretty close
to the maximum that is useful. For example, if it takes (plucking a number out
of thin air,) 20 ps for a sidechain to flip 180 degrees, then taking 0.5 ps
frames is really not going to tell you anything more than taking 2 ps frames.

 If you can tell us what you're working with/trying to find out, answering will
be easier .

- Poker.