Re: colvars: free energy change with rmsd

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2010 - 04:39:57 CDT

Dear Neelanjana,

I did send a bug advisory mentioning a problem with RMSD in ABF:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l/10236.html
The message also stated that a fix would be made available shortly. It
was actually pushed to CVS back in June 2009 (see
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/cvs2html/chronological.html).

So in principle, you should be able to run ABF with RMSD variables.
Actually we used it in some calculations in this paper:
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct9004432

Otherwise, running metadynamics is always an option.

Best,
Jerome