Re: how to set pH

From: felmerino_at_uchile.cl
Date: Wed Mar 31 2010 - 15:01:01 CDT

Other possibility is the H++ server http://biophysics.cs.vt.edu/H++/.

Remember that these calculations have a moderately high error in the pKa of
groups. In general you should be able to do a good prediction of the protonation
state of residues that have a pKa far from the pH your are trying to simulate.
However, you need to take special care of those whose pKa is close to the pH you
want (usually histidines). If you think some of these residues es key for your
protein then you should look for some stronger method

best

felipe