Problem in energy minimization using Fixatoms or Constraints

From: Ranyere Deyler (ranyere_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2010 - 12:52:09 CDT

Hi, sorry for the way i'm sending this email, but responding properly wasn't
working. I tried twice and nothing came. So i just pasted the three messages
here, in order to understand whats going on. So if someone could help me i
would appologize.

Well, thanks for your help. Using constraints didn't help so much. Well,
didn't have problem with the energies and i could see de .dcd file on VMD,
what i couldn't do using FixAtoms. Well, i used the follow:

constraints on
consref colunas.pdb
conskfile colunas.pdb
conskcol O

And seeing the .dcd file, i could see that the atoms of the columns didn't
get fixed. It messed up all the columns. Then i try using a different
sacling, such as
constraintScaling 5
But did no good either. I don't know if i'm doing it right, this pdb i used
is the same one that has the water, but i set the O columns to 1. I don't
know if that's enough for this.
So my problem now is, using "Fixatoms", it doesn't run properly, it runs
until the end, but shows indetermined values when it's running, so id
doesn't even build a proper dcd file. And if i use constraints, it runs
well, the dcd file is well built but the atoms i needed to be fixed were
not!

So, i need some way of keeping the atoms of the columns fixed. Does any one
can help me doing this? Thanks a lot

Ranyere Deyler Trindade