tcl forces and tcl 8.5

From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_h-its.org)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2010 - 03:19:16 CST

Dear namd users,

Does anybody successfully use tcl forces with NAMD compiled against tcl
8.5 ? If yes, could you please give details about the compilation
(compiler, MPI libs, charm version, flags and so on)?

I compiled NAMD with tcl 8.5 apparently successfully (no errors) but
when I try to run the forces tutorials (from NAMD site) I keep on
getting segmentation faults. I tried this with different CVS codes
(august 2009, march 2010), different MPI libraries (mvapich2, openmpi),
always with the intel compiler (11.0.083) on Linux-x86_64 architecture.
The result is always the same.

As soon as I compile against tcl 8.4 , I am able to run the forces
tutorials flawlessly.

Best
Vlad

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
HITS gGmbH
Molecular and Cellular Modelling Group
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 35
69118 Heidelberg
Tel: ++49-6221-533202
Fax: ++49-6221-533298
e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]h-its.org
http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Directors: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.h-its.org (http://eml-research.de)