Tcl Forces error

From: Brittany Morgan (brmorgan_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jan 28 2010 - 19:39:16 CST

Hi all,

I get the following error when trying to run the Tcl script for a dihedral angle harmonic restraint found in the NAMD user guide (at the end of the Tcl Forces and Analysis section).

TCL: parameter value too long
FATAL ERROR: parameter value too long
    while executing
"tclForcesScript {
  # The IDs of the four atoms defining the dihedral
  set aid1 112
  set aid2 123
  set aid3 117
  set aid4 115

In the NAMD configuration file, I set the following two parameters:
tclForces on
tclForcesScript tclForcesScript_temp.txt

Since I am running the Tcl script exactly as found in the user guide, I think that I must be calling it incorrectly. Do these parameters have to be located in a particular place in the configuration file (besides before the minimize or run statement), or am I missing something?

Thank you,
Brittany Morgan