NAMD ibverbs not working on new cluster

From: Jesper Soerensen (lists_at_jsx.dk)
Date: Wed Jan 20 2010 - 03:11:35 CST

Hello,

I have downloaded the binary "NAMD_2.7b2_Linux-x86_64-ibverbs.tar.gz".

I've installed it and it works fine for part of our cluster.

However, we have recently added new machines, where suddenly nothing is
written to the logfile and no other files are generated. We are using a
newer version of OFED on these machines (version 1.5) and that is really
the only change.

The jobs execute correctly on one node, but once i go for two nodes the
jobs starts and I can see several namd processes running on the two
nodes, but nothing is written to the filesystem not the log-file or
anything else. The logfile is touched initially, but nothing is written
to it.

Can this be because of the OFED version?

Kind regards,
Jesper Soerensen