Re: Free Energy Calculation of a protein

From: Mert Gür (gurmert_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 02:48:31 CST

Dear Pu,
Since I am using water (in all simulations) as its particular solvent
environment, shouldn't I be on the same FEL for each different simulation
conditions?

Dear Sébastien,
Thanks for this detailed e-mail. It was quite useful and informative. As you
imply absolute free energy calculations seem not to be straightforward
therefore I think I will stick only with the provided methods to evaluate
free energy difference for now.
I believe due to our point of view ,our understanding of work potential is
different. I still believe that water can be treated as an T,P reservoir
since waters temperature and pressure is constant.

Best,
Mert