Re: About "Visualization and Analysis of CPMD data with VMD" tutorial

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 10 2009 - 00:11:45 CST

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Aurum Bai <javacfish_at_yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> Dear all,

dear aurum bai,

congratulations for winning the "most pointless e-mail of the year"
award for 2009.
you qualify for two reasons:
1) the web page you are looking for has _nothing_ to do with NAMD,
    but rather is about VMD (and CPMD).
    so why post to the NAMD mailing list?

> I did not found the wedsite of "Visualization and Analysis of CPMD data with VMD"(http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/cpmd-vmd/index.html) at http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/
>
> Is it updating or changing new website?

2) when trying to reach that webpage you get redirected
   to a web page, that _does_ give the explanation you
   are looking for. it also provides a .pdf version of the
   tutorial and information about how to get the material.
   what else do you expect to get from namd-l?

i specifically asked the web admins in bochum to set up
this redirect so that the tutorial webpages don't vanish from
the web without an explanation and they were kind enough
to set this up. it leaves me (almost) speechless to see
that even this is not enough.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
College of Science and Technology