Re: pressure profile

From: Grace Brannigan (gracebrannigan_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 04 2009 - 10:04:46 CST

Hi Arturas,

You can run the non-bonded component on the fly - however, I usually find
that once I've run it I want to change the number of slabs or various other
parameters, so I usually end up running over the saved trajectory for
non-bonded as well. If you do run over the saved trajectory, be sure to set
the temperature in the conf file for *analysis* to something very low
(0.001K for instance). If it is set to 300 K for analysis NAMD will assign
random velocities for each frame, which will be added to the ideal gas
portion of the Virial and which will result in significant noise. As a
consequence of this noise, the ideal gas terms in P_zz may not cancel those
in P_xx and P_yy, and you will have a noisy contribution to your surface
tension that should not be there.

Hope this helps,

Grace