Re: error in scripting

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 25 2009 - 01:08:21 CST

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 11:38 +0530, ipsita basu wrote:
> Please reply me. I have sent you many mails but I receive no mail from
> you for a long time. But I really need your help as there are no one
> in mmy lab who knows namd. I can't proceed further without your help.
> So please help.

as i told you before, you have to debug your .psf file.
whether is runs with CHARMM is irrelevant. you have to
keep in mind, that MD calculations often "work" with
bogus inputs and some errors only show up by chance.

even if you post the same question another five times,
your chances of getting somebody to do this debugging
for you are miniscule.

even though it does not fully apply, have a look at:

the consequence is the following: if you are convinced
that NAMD is at fault, then you have to make a convincing
argument for it. "it doesn't work" or "it runs with charmm"
is not. if you or your colleagues don't know enough about
NAMD, then - again - it is not the fault of the people here
and all you can do is to learn more about it. for that purpose,
i recommend training with small problems that are easy to
debug and systematically trying to improve your understanding
of the whole process of running MD simulations.

the fact that you feel you cannot proceed is tough on you,
but everybody has been in that situation before and nobody
here gets paid for helping other people, let alone doing
what is ultimately your work for you. this may sound harsh
right now, but how much would _you_ do for somebody asking
you about something that is not a concern for you?

cheers,
   axel.