Signal: segmentation violation

From: gurunath katagi (gurukatagi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 20 2009 - 15:20:16 CST

Hi everyone ,
I was running a NAMD job of minimization and equilibration on a cluster (
x86_64 GNU/Linux ).

But i am getting the following error after some time steps of equilibration
.

Warning: Permanently added 'compute-0-25.local' (RSA) to the list of known
hosts.
Warning: Permanently added 'compute-0-25.local' (RSA) to the list of known
hosts.
------------- Processor 7 Exiting: Caught Signal ------------
Signal: segmentation violation
Suggestion: Try running with '++debug', or linking with '-memory paranoid'.
------------- Processor 3 Exiting: Caught Signal ------------
------------- Processor 6 Exiting: Caught Signal ------------
------------- Processor 5 Exiting: Caught Signal ------------
------------- Processor 1 Exiting: Caught Signal ------------
------------- Processor 2 Exiting: Caught Signal ------------
Signal: segmentation violation
Suggestion: Try running with '++debug', or linking with '-memory paranoid'.
Fatal error on PE 5> segmentation violation

So i tried with ++ debug option in the command line of namd2,which goes some
thong like this...

/data/apps/namd26_net_ib/Linux-x86_64-IB/charmrun ++remote-shell ssh
++nodelist $nodefile +p$NSLOTS ++debug
/data/apps/namd26_net_ib/Linux-x86_64-IB/namd2 ++debug protein.conf >
protein.log.

however for this, i am getting the following error :
ERROR> DISPLAY must be set to use debugging mode

and i really don't have idea about the memory paranoid and how to use it ..

Can anybody suggest me what is the mistake or problem and suggest me to
solve the problem..

I am attaching the config file and submission script..

Thank you and regards,
Gurunath

--
Gurunath M Katagi