Re: Error in Minimization

From: Roman Petrenko (rpetrenko_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 10 2009 - 14:00:53 CST

Dear Ale,
by freezing parts of the system Axel meant that you fix certain atoms
and let others relax. Also, i think it's a general problem inserting
protein into membrane is not an easy task. I remember struggling a
couple of days with my system (dna+protein+lipids+ions+water) to get
it running.

Just proceed step by step: if you said protein is minimized (no atom
overalps), then keep it always fixed and minimize lipids only. Once
you get protein+lipids minimized, add water and ions.

Also, make sure that your periodic box is correct. Imagine your system
is span between -100 and 100 A in x direction, and if you have
periodic box with less than 200 A length in x-direction, obviously
many atoms overlap between central cell and image.

--
Roman Petrenko
Physics Department