Re: How to fix relative position of a group

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 19:27:40 CDT

You should first ask yourself why they should be fixed. Do they
leave the binding sites during simulation? Perhaps there is a reason
for that if they do. The force field usually can model bound ions,
although not always perfectly.

If you still want to artificially constrain them, there are a few
ways to do so, using either extraBonds or collective variable-based
restraints in NAMD 2.7, or even manually adding the bonds to the psf
(and correspondingly to your parameter file).