Re: Generation of average trajectory

From: Monika Sharma (mon_sharma_at_research.iiit.ac.in)
Date: Mon Oct 12 2009 - 09:24:16 CDT

Hello.

Thank you for suggestion. This is actually different from what I asked, but
I appreciate your suggestion. It is a good way for representation.
My question was that can simple coordinates averaging per time frame for a
group of trajectories yield a meaningful average representative trajectory
for that group?

Reframing the question, if we have 4 multiple trajectories 1, 2, 3 and 4.
So, Is a trajectory generated as average of coordinates
Rij = (Rij0 + Rij1 + Rij2 + Rij3) / 4
be called as representative trajectory of that group , where i is atom
number and j is the frame number.

For instance, the coordinate of atom 2 (R23av) of this average trajectory at
say time 3 ps be calculated as
R23av = ((R23)0 + (R23)1 +(R23)2 +(R23)3) / 4

ie sum average of atom 2 coordinates at 3ps of all the four trajectories.

And also if I can use this average trajectory for further PCA analysis, will
it be meaningful?

All suggestions are welcome. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Thanking you,
Regards
Monika