Re: followup question on error calculation in ABF

From: Ramya Gamini (ramyabhargavi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 15:26:15 CDT

Hi Giovanni,

As I understand .. .. ..the 'distFile' key word in the config file, will
allow you generate the '.dist' file that includes instantaneous components
of the force.
For each bin, the number of samples for instantaneous forces ranging from
-fMax to fMax will be generated. Default of fMax being 60 kcal/mol/A

Like these terms are defined in the namd -user guide under ABF section.
distFile Output file containing force distributions
Acceptable Values: Unix filename
Default Value: none
components of the force, , for every bin comprised between xiMin and xiMax.
This is useful for performing error analysis for the resulting free energy
profile

fMax Half-width of the force histograms
Acceptable Values: positive decimal number, in kcal/mol/Å
Default Value: 60.0
collects values ranging from fMax to fMax.

Ramya