Re: ABF calculation - normalization of the PMF

From: Jerome Henin (jhenin_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 27 2009 - 16:36:23 CDT

Hi Giovanni,
To get the dimerization free energy, you'll need an integral over the
domain of the pmf corresponding to the dimer. There is an example
there:
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja050581y
although Equation (3) in there is missing a factor 2 to account for
the symmetry of the homodimer (see ref. 50 in that paper).
Jerome