Re: Continuing simulation after constraint failure error?

From: Giacomo Fiorin (gfiorin_at_seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 13:17:48 CDT

Hi Sujata, 10000 minimization steps should be enough to converge to
the nearest local minimum within machine precision.

It could be that the initial configuration carries some strain, that
you'll get back as soon as you give temperature and the system leaves
that local minimum.

Try saving the DCD file for the equilibration more often, and look at
what happens.

Giacomo

---- ----
 Giacomo Fiorin
   Center for Molecular Modeling at
     University of Pennsylvania
     231 S 34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6323
 phone: (+1)-215-573-4773
 fax: (+1)-215-573-6233
 mobile: (+1)-267-324-7676
 mail: giacomo.fiorin_<at>_gmail.com