Re: recalculating energy using dcd file

From: Rabab Toubar (rtoubar_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 09:43:44 CDT

Hi all,
I want to extract energies from the dcd file to create a log file. Searching the mailing list, I got a similar post with a reply from JC Gumbart to use NAMDenergy (Post quoted below). Now I get to the problem of the dcd size as it is bigger than what the computer memory can handle, and I donot really want to "stride" it, as I want to consider all the frames.

Is there a way to egt around this problem?ThanksRabab

NAMDenergy should be able to give you what you need:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/namdenergy/