SMD restrain point in NAMD

From: snoze pa (snoze.pa_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 04 2009 - 11:40:05 CDT

Dear NAMD/SMD users,

 I was going through one of the original paper related to SMD
simulation http://proteomics.bioengr.uic.edu/papers/1999/1999-unfold-protein.pdf
from Dr. Schulten group. In this paper at page 455, first paragraph
they are discussing about the restrain point movement as

"To realize a movement of the restraining point with nearly constant
velocity, the position of the restraining point was changed every 100
fs by v t, e.g., 0.05 Å. The 0.05 Å stepwise movement of the
restraining point is much smaller than the fluctuation of typical
protein atoms in a 300 K MD simulation, 1 Å, so this implementation
should not cause an artifact. "

How can we set this "the position of the restraining point was changed
every 100 fs by v t" automatically in the NAMD configuration file. I
will highly appreciate your help. I am using standard SMD tutorial
code from
NAMD website. Any script contribution will be of great help.

Thank you,