Steered Molecular Dynamics

From: gaurav bhatti (gaurav15984_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 31 2009 - 00:33:50 CDT

Hi
I posted my question in some other thread earlies. I am sorry for the mistake.

I want to use steered molecular dynamics to pull two domains of a
protein apart from each other. I plan to do in by constraining domain 1
and applying a constant velocity to the domain 2. I know that I can
constrain domain 1 by setting the B or Occupancy column of these atoms
as 1 and using that as reference for constraints. Also I think I can
select the SMD atoms in the same way. My problem is with the direction
of pulling. I can calculate the center of masses of the two domains and
then apply velocity along the direction : COM2 - COM1. Is this a good
strategy?

Gaurav Bhatti

Share your memories online with anyone you want.
http://www.microsoft.com/india/windows/windowslive/products/photos-share.aspx?tab=1