maximum residues using AMBER parm with NAMD

From: benc_at_bsc.es
Date: Wed Jul 22 2009 - 05:09:17 CDT

Hi,
  I am having trouble simulating a large system in AMBER parm format with
NAMD. My system has >10,000 residues and after an initial minimisation
the output .coor file has alphabetical characters in the residue numbers
and can not be read in for the next stage of my simulation protocol.
  I have read that when NAMD reads in a AMBER parm file it puts all
residues into one segment called MAIN. Is there an easy way to make
NAMD split this AMBER system into more than one segment?

Many thanks

Ben