collective variables

From: Jarrod Nickel (jarrod.nickel.17_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 17 2009 - 11:07:26 CDT

I was wondering if there are any tutorials or examples of how to use
collective variables with NAMD 2.7b1. I have looked through the User's Guide
and still have no idea how to set up the colvarsConfig file.
Basically all I want to do is restrain the center of mass of a membrane. I
am also using SMD with zero velocity on a small molecule outside the
membrane. My goal is to hold the small molecule a set distance away from the
membrane and measure the force on it.
Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Jarrod