Re: NAMD infiniband performance

From: Guanglei Cui (amber.mail.archive_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 21:27:07 CDT

Dear Axel,

I didn't keep the make log, but I plan to try it again some time this
week. Should I use mpiCC in Linux-x86_64-icc.arch, instead of
icc/icpc? One reason to build static binaries (as static as possible)
is to use the binary on other computers. The precompiled NAMD (UDP)
binary only depends on libdl, libm, libstdc++, libc, ld-linux-x86-64,
and libgcc_s. One should be able to build an MPI binary with similar
dependency, I suppose. Would you please elaborate why a static binary
may fail? What is ABI? Thanks.

Regards,
Guanglei