Re: selectively write atom coordinates on-the-fly

From: Joshua Adelman (jadelman_at_berkeley.edu)
Date: Thu May 21 2009 - 11:41:11 CDT

As far as I know, you cannot selectively write a subgroup of atoms to
the dcd file during a simulation. You can certainly strip away the
waters later, either using catdcd or a number of other methods.

Josh

On May 21, 2009, at 9:29 AM, Vasudevan V wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to selectively write the
> coordinates of certain groups while running a simulation.
> For example if i want to write only the protein coordinates to the
> dcd and not the water coordinates.
>
> In gromacs you can do that by selecting the xtcgroups in the run
> parameters file(.mdp).
>
> regards
> vasu

Joshua L. Adelman
Biophysics Graduate Group Lab: 510.643.2159
218 Wellman Hall Fax: 510.642.7428
University of California, Berkeley http://nature.berkeley.edu/
~jadelman
Berkeley, CA 94720 USA jadelman_at_berkeley.edu