Re: Evaluating kinetic energy from a modified DCD file

From: JT (jtibbitt_at_odu.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 08 2009 - 19:59:48 CDT

Mert,
Doing modal decomposition gives you both the eigenvalues (frequencies)
and their corresponding eigenvectors (modes). Then aren't the
individual modal velocities, obtained by just multiplying the two?
After all, an eigenvector represents the displacement and the
frequency the reciprocal of the time it takes for that displacement to
occur.
Jeff