center of mass for SMD

From: Falgun Shah (fhshah_at_olemiss.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 17:52:06 CST

Dear NAMD user

I am planning to run SMD simulation of protein-peptide complex in NAMD. I am
having difficulties in deciding egress direction in NAMD

I want to select c-alpha atoms of two residues of my peptide as SMD atoms. i
want to know how to calculate the center of mass for this two residues only.
Similarly, i want to keep 3 residues of protein as fixed atoms and
calculating center of mass for that. i think by this way i will get two
different coordinates and from that i will be able to calculate pulling
direction as described in NAMD tutorial. Please let me know how to do it. is
it the correct way? if not, please give me few more suggestions how to
calculate the direction. Thanks in advance

--
Falgun H shah
PhD candidate (3rd year)