Re: any experiences with executing parallel NAMD in a NAMD simulation

From: Yinglong Miao (ylmiao.indiana_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2009 - 22:26:37 CST

Dear Peter,

I compared the embedded run to a standalone energy minimization of the
same structure with the same number of processors. It's more than 10
times slower when checking the NAMD output benchmarking results. I did
notice energy minimization is slower than MD, normally 1/3 of the speed
for my system.

Thanks,
Yinglong