Re: NAMD on a virtual grid

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2009 - 16:02:30 CST

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Robert Brunner wrote:

RB> "The authenticity of host..." is produced by the ssh program, not rsh, so
RB> charmrun is trying to run ssh, not rsh. I think rsh is just being used in
RB> the generic sense of remote shell, not the actual rsh program. Now maybe its
RB> not running the same ssh as the one you run from the command line. You might
RB> try specifying a full path to ssh in the nodelist file.
RB>
RB> There must be something different between what charm++ is doing vs. what
RB> your command line is doing. You might try writing a little script to wrap
RB> around ssh, then tell charm++ to use that. Once you do that, you could add
RB> diagnostic code, maybe "ssh -vvv" to get verbose debugging output. Or try
RB> printing out the command line parameters charmrun is using, then try
RB> executing those from the command line.

what you want to try out is to use:

ssh -o "StrictHostKeyChecking no"

you probably also want to delete incompatble entries
from previous experiments from ~/.ssh/known_hosts
or set ssh to try write those to /dev/null for each new
launch of a virtual grid. hopefully, charm++ will not
get too confused about the complaining that ssh does.

cheers,
   axel.