Re: ABF calculation with TclForces script in the configuration file

From: Jerome Henin (heninj_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2009 - 11:20:27 CST

Hi Greddy,
The boundary condition is: you cannot use both ABF and a custom
TclForces script in NAMD 2.6.

Now, depending on which type of restraints you want to apply, some
things are possible. If you want to keep parts of the protein in
place, then harmonic positional restraints ("constraints", in
NAMD-speak - boy, do I hate that) are the way to go. Distance
restraints and a few others can be applied from within the ABF module.
Finally, the "free energy of conformational change" function, also
known as conformational FEP, can do restraints - if you can figure it
out, that is.

Best,
Jerome