RE: Gradient tolerance nan for A three-atom simulation

From: accomp lin (accomplin_at_yahoo.com.cn)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2009 - 22:20:18 CST

Hi Gumbart

Thanks very much for your help.The problem had been solved when I altered the angle a little from 180.(My theta0 is also 180 degree).

However , I got another error , it said:

Reason: FATAL ERROR: Bad global exclusion count!

The problem occurs at different time step with different set of initial coordinates of the atoms. I then I changed the cutoff , switchdist, and  pairlistdist to be very little and set the parameter of LJ potential zore, the simulation ran successfully. But when I set the cutoff, swithdist and pairlistdist to be normal, the error came back again. Wht does these parameter matter, since the LJ potential is already zore? How come it to be a problem in my three-atoms system?

Thanks, best.

Jiaqi.

--- 09年1月6日,周二, JC Gumbart <gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu> 写道: