Re: Segmentation violation when running without an internet connection

From: Robert Brunner (rbrunner_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2007 - 14:45:41 CST

I also have this problem, with or without a network connection. It
seems to have started when I upgraded my Powerbook G4 from 10.4 to
10.5 (along with the corresponding developers tools). It appears to be
a problem with Charm++, not NAMD itself, since the Charm++ test
programs also fail. My understanding is that the problem only occurs
on G4 macs, not Intel (not sure about G5s). I've worked some with the
Charm++ developers, letting them use my laptop for testing, but they
have not yet made much progress.

So you might want to try the test programs in the Charm directory, and
pass your message on to ppl_at_cs.uiuc.edu. My solution was to switch to
a Linux PC for my testing.

Robert