Compilation of Charm++ then NAMD 2.6 on Opteron with Portland compilers

From: Philip Peartree (p.peartree_at_postgrad.manchester.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2007 - 09:20:23 CST

Hi,

I'm having some issues compiling Charm++/NAMD on our opteron based cluster. I've read somewhere that it is best to use the fastest compiler. I think I've just about got Charm++ working, and it works fine with the simplearrayhello, and I've compiled the megatest program.. the only error I got was an error from pgCC saying that -rdynamic is an unknown switch. If I run on 4 procs I get the following output:

Megatest is running on 4 processors.
test 0: initiated [groupring (milind)]
test 0: completed (45.86 sec)
test 1: initiated [nodering (milind)]
test 1: completed (45.36 sec)
test 2: initiated [varsizetest (mjlang)]
test 2: completed (0.27 sec)
test 3: initiated [varraystest (milind)]
test 3: completed (0.32 sec)
test 4: initiated [groupcast (mjlang)]
test 4: completed (1.57 sec)
test 5: initiated [nodecast (milind)]
test 5: completed (0.96 sec)
test 6: initiated [synctest (mjlang)]
**ERROR: in routine alloca() there is a
stack overflow: thread 0, max 535822332KB, used 2KB, request -1082359024B

Could anyone elaborate on what's wrong here, I heard that the Megatest program tests things that are fairly crucial to NAMD's running?

Philip Peartree