Re: Generating a gromacs topology file for analyzing NAMD trajectories

From: L. Michel Espinoza-Fonseca (mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2007 - 14:52:52 CST

Hi Patrick,

In order to perform PCA in gromacs starting from a DCD trajectory, you
just need a pdb file (that will be your input topology) that contains
exactly the same number of atoms as in your trajectory. This pdb file
could be that taken at t=0ns.

One more detail: you need to convert your DCD trajectory to a TRR one
before performing the actual PCA (you can do that easily with VMD). In
summary, for a standard PCA in gromacs you'll only need a pdb file
(the topology) and the trajectory (in TRR or XTC format).

That would be enough, I guess. Good luck!

Cheers,
Michel