Re: PME on a negatively charged system

From: Hai Long (spaceshiptoo_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 11:09:35 CST

Hi:

I'm intersted in this question too. As far as I know, a charged system
under PME will result in a infinite energy, obviously this is not the
case for NAMD. For charged system, Amber will apply a
uniformly-distributed charge cloud to the whole box in order to
neutralized the system. Is NAMD using a similiar approach? By the way,
I suggest that NAMD should print a big warning message in the output
when the system is not neutral.

Hai