Re: Is there solution to numerical inaccuracy

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2007 - 09:15:29 CST

Just as an addendum, namd's random number generation is no longer
deterministic in parallel; this means that Langevin dynamics will be
deterministic and as repeatable as an NVE simulation *if* you use the
same seed an run in serial, but not otherwise (see the comment in the
namd manual on the seed parameter). In either case you're limited by
floating point addition, as Dave described.
Peter