Re: Any flag values returned when executing "minimize" and "run"?

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2007 - 11:20:39 CST

> MY QUESTION IS HOW TO DETERMINE THERE WILL BE "BAD GLOBAL EXCLUSION
> COUNT" ERROR FROM THE UNREASONABLE STRUCTURE IN NAMD.
If I recall correctly, bad global exclusion counts will occur when atoms
involved in an excluded interaction (bond/angle/dihedral) are separated
by more than the pairlist distance + margin. You can raise the margin to
mitigate this to some extent, although it will slow down your
simulations. It's probably better to avoid pulling fast enough to cause
this situation to occur.
> I am also thinking of checking the forces and energies calculated from
> the structure, but it seems only forces on several atoms can be
> reasonably loaded and I don't know how to load the energies. Do you
> have any ideas about this?

The tclforces interface allows you to query the forces on whatever atoms
you want via loadforces. don't know of a similar way to query the
energies conveniently during the simulation; you can do this in
postprocessing by using pairinteractions.

Peter