Re: Replica Exchange NAMD

From: John Dowdle (jrdowdle_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2007 - 22:55:09 CST

I have a similar problem.

I am having trouble getting the replica exchange script packaged with NAMD
2.6
to work on the Lonestar machine at the Texas Advanced Computing Center.

So far, I have tried using the example simulation for folding alanine with a
modified configuration file, and I have received errors regarding the
simulation configuration file being inaccessible. Here are the .conf file
and
the stdout/stderr from the simulation:

http://onsager.vtmu.net:8080/tacc_remd/fold_alanin.edited.conf
http://onsager.vtmu.net:8080/tacc_remd/out.o523700
http://onsager.vtmu.net:8080/tacc_remd/fold_alanin.job0.7.log

The main error messages I am seeing are regarding the configuration file,
e.g.,

>From the main stderr,

"FATAL ERROR: Simulation config file is not accessible".

and from the replica log file,

"Info: Configuration file is +netpoll
FATAL ERROR: Simulation config file is not accessible."

I am asking the namd-l list about this because I think the error messages I
am
getting are not specific to the system setup at TACC, but rather something
more
general that I am doing wrong.

Can anyone offer help with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

John