Re: Howto lengthen a collagen strand (which tool to use)

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2007 - 09:47:28 CDT

Hi Marcus,
the best way to do this is going to be to make new pdb files (initially
identical to the one you start with) for the copy, and then use VMD's
matrix operations to translate/rotate them (see the matrix routines
section in the VMD user's guide for how to do this). You can then use
psfgen to get them all into a usable coordinate/topology pair.
Best,
Peter