Re: RATTLE failure

From: Philip Peartree (P.Peartree_at_postgrad.manchester.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2007 - 16:43:57 CDT

Thanks Eric, I had contemplated it! One thing I am wondering, atom
referenced in
the error is a backbond carbon (incidentally part of a glycine) and at
the time
I am running with fixed backbone.

When I used to run in charmm (with the same sim) I used to constrain the
backbone when equilibrating and then release the backbone. Is there any point
in either of these things or would a totally free equilibration be better? Up
to this point I've heated to 300K (totally free) and equilibrated the waterbox
(with the protein fixed)

I reckon this might solve the error, as I have seen in other posts that fixing
atoms introduces unreasonable forces into the system.

Philip Peartree