Re: removing waters from big dcd files

From: regafan_at_usc.es
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 10:02:50 CDT

Thanks a lot for your suggestions,

As Peter Freddolino said, selecting index for catdcd with

set sel [atomselect top protein]
set ofile [open "protein.ind" "w"]
puts $ofile [$sel get index]
close $ofile

worked well (:-), thans a lot!), now I can see the trajectory with VMD
without problem. Anyway, the first sctructure of the trajectory is not
correct, so I think it may be a problem of memory. I have tried with
the script suggested by Dong Luo

mol load psf solvated.psf
  for {set i 0 } {$i < $nf } {incr i 100 } {
     animate read dcd md0001.dcd beg i end i
     set sel [atomselect top protein]
     $sel writepdb $i.pdb
     if { $i == 0 } {
        $sel writepsf dry_prot.psf
     }
     $sel delete
     animate delete all
  }
  mol delete top
  mol load psf dry_prot.psf
  for {set i 0 } {$i < $nf } {incr i 100 } {
      animate read pdb $i.pdb
      file delete $i.pdb
  }
  animate write dcd {myprotein_prot.dcd} waitfor all

and I get a correct "dry_prot.psf" file, but the trajectory obtained-
"myprotein_prot.dcd"- contains the correct number of frames expected,
but with the same structure in all of them. The protein does not move!

Do you know why could this be happening?

Rebeca Garcia Fandiņo
  Parc Cientific de Barcelona
  regafan_at_usc.es